Transgender Job Bank Web Site Launching

ADMIN

Transgender job bank web site launching

Being any kind of sexual minority in the workplace has been historically difficult but those with the most recognizable gender variance have been the most persecuted.

Worse still can be attempting to transition in the workplace. You may not pass very well in the beginning, new hormones may make you particularly sensitive or irritable, and many states in this country do not protect employees from discrimination based on gender identity or appearance.

Finding a job, even if you are not openly trans, can also be quite a challenge in an environment where you are required to fill out perfectly separated male/female boxes and a quick background check can reveal your former sex quite easily.

Click here to read full article

www.tjobbank.com - New transgender job bank

user posted image

• 4 weeks later...

I Brighton, UK the local council has a policy of non discrimanation. When applying for a post there is even a gender/sexuality section which is optional to fill in but has, straight, Bi, Gay, male, female and transgender. I no longer work for the local government but must say i found them very open minded about this - i was even allowed time off to go to LGBT group meetings which operate within the council. I found people could be very open without any discrimanated in anyway - and of course if someone potentially could they would be severly disaplined or sacked!!!